Saturday, September 12, 2009

I had a 'me' incident...

Sometimes things happen to me. Odd things. Usually, it's just to me and in many cases no-one else really knows (unless I spill). In other cases its a full body embarrassing moment. I have thought a few times about sharing these on my blog. Sure, they'd be funny but would people really buy the books of someone they might think is well flaky at best and really dumb at worst? At the moment, no-one's reading this blog anyway, right? I figure, why not? I had one of these moments yesterday. It was a normal morning of chaos trying to get the kids off to school. I rushed in to put in my contacts. The first one went in and all hell broke lose. It stung like you wouldn't believe. It was so painful I had my eyes clenched so tight, it was difficult to pry it open enough to get the damn contact out. What could have happened? I concluded I must have had something on my hand; cleaner, bug spray something, but for the life of me I couldn't figure it out. With my eye watering and bright red, I had to wear my glasses to drop the kids off. They kept looking at me. I guess they'd never seen me wear my eyeglasses outside the house before. Anyway, early afternoon I was in the bathroom, my eye still bloodshot and honestly I wasn't seeing very well out of it when it hit me. A few weeks earlier my eldest daughter had gotten her ears pierced. We were going out of town for a few days and I needed to take a small amount of the solution they provided. YEP. You guessed it! I'd had a brilliant idea to save some space! Put some in one of my smaller old bottles of contact lens solution. The night before I'd run out of my large bottle and had found an old travel size bottle. I had soaked my contacts overnight in ear care antiseptic!!!! Guess there's a reason they tell you not to put solutions in incorrectly labelled bottles. Well, the eye is still a little sore but getting back to normal.

It's not just me, right? Others have these things happen to them. Don't they??

No comments:

Post a Comment