Sunday, October 25, 2009

What the heck is NaNoWriMo?

OK, so I did figure it out but when I left IT consulting I figured I also left the specific but obscure acronyms behind. Boy, was I wrong! I've seen variations of this from time to time (WriMo, NaNo, OctNoWriMo) and just figured it was a social networking acronym I had yet to learn! I didn't want to be the one to ask the dumb question. Duh! NaNo sounds intriguing. A novel in a month? I've never written like that before and would love to see what I would end up with just letting the thoughts flow and not being so concerned with it not being perfect up front. I have to complete the revisions to my full requested Blaze and get that out the door and it looks so far that it will bleed ino Novemeber. If by some miracle it doesn't I'll be keen. I know some forums post a monthly writing challenge along the same lines so I guess if I miss November, I can always do it another time, but wow it would be so cool to be a part of it. Maybe next year (now that I know what it is)!!

Kudos to anyone who has done this in prior years or intends to participate this year! How awesome.

3 comments:

  1. It's a fun, zany experience, Kaily...regardless of whether or not you finish, you always get a lot more done than you would normally.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kamie Myles here-- I don't think I could do NaNo either. Not yet anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've thought a lot this week about participating, but I'm this crazy perfectionist. I just can't sign up if I know I need to work on my edits and won't be able to finish the challenge. Yeah, yeah. Intellectually I know whatever I produce would be an accomplishment and the experience would be benefical, I just don't think I can do it knowing I won't finish. I know there are other sites out there that do these things as monthly challenges. Maybe I'll try that in January. I've decided after I work on my requested full Blaze, I'm writing a novella and submitting to an epub!!!

    ReplyDelete