Wednesday, June 8, 2011

So...the Lori Foster Annual Reader & Author Get Together 2011!

Better late than never I always say! Yep. I went. It was a last minute decision and boy am I glad I decided to go! It was great to get to meet online friends in person...you know, just to make sure they were really real.
And of course, I had an opportunity to meet THE Lori Foster (swoon, swoon, major fan girl moment). I've read Lori Foster for as long as I can remember. I just love her heroes--the strength with a core of honor and integrity will get me every time. Sigh...

I was also fortunate to meet Nalini Singh who is another of my favorite all time writers (more serious swooning). Her psy changeling series is an auto-buy for me and I ended up with an autographed copy of KISS OF SNOW. It will have a place on my forever keeper shelf, that's for sure. What an amazing story teller she is and just a sweetheart as well! Of course, she's from my part of the world so I wouldn't have expected anything less :).

I also had a chance to meet fellow Romance Divas and KJ Reed and Sasha Devlin, fellow Ellora's Cave authors. That was awesome because we share the same editor. But we didn't gossip, Grace. Seriously!

I think one of the most important things writers get out of writer get togethers is inspiration and a renewed enthusiasm for writing. At least, that's what I want (hope) to get out of them. There's just something so special about connecting with other writers, people who really do understand what it is that drives us, because let's face it, not many other people do.

7 comments:

  1. Glad you had fun! I agree getting together with other writers is important! :)

    Amber Skyze

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like everyone who went had a really good time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great, keepsake pics, Kaily! Sounds like you had a fabulous time that you'll never forget :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, it was amazing. So amazing I just might finish this book I'm working on this weekend :).

    Marie, yes I'm pretty sure a good time was had by all!

    Rula, aren't they great! Nalini is signing in NY. Yay!! Do you think it's forward of me if I print it out and have her sign it? I did already buy her latest hardcover :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds as if you had a great time, Kaily. Nalini is a sweetheart. She's lovely and deserves the success she's receiving. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd do it! I'm sure she'd be flattered.

    ReplyDelete