Thursday, November 25, 2010

Just...Thanks

Although I've lived in the US for many years, Thanksgiving is still a bit of an odd holiday for me. I didn't grow up with it as a child, it wasn't ingrained in me through those informative years so I do feel a bit removed from it in a way. We still celebrate it fully and fairly traditionally, but I take it as an opportunity to really think about how fortunate I've been and what I truly have to be thankful for.

So, what am I thankful for?
  • A happy marriage, when so many are in disarray or fall apart these days. 
  • Healthy kids, when so many others are fighting terrible sickness and disease.
  • My own health (knock on wood).
  • That we have food on the table and never have to go hungry when so many around the world fight for every scrap they can get.
  • That I have the luxury to pursue my dream of being a writer and author when so many don't get to experience their dreams.
  • The fact that I have readers! I'm so very thankful that my books have been well received, have gotten great reviews and the reader comments I've seen just...ROCK!
So, what am I doing on Thanksgiving? Hubby is in full feast mode and is cooking a Turducken. Yep, that's a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey. Should be...interesting :).

For those of you celebrating the holiday or those just taking the opportunity to think about the things they're thankful for like me--Happy Thanksgiving!

What are YOU thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I've never heard of a turducken before. I'm curious to hear how that turns out! Great 'thankful' list, and I agree with it all...except that I don't have readers yet ;). Oh, and I have to add being thankful for having great writer friends like you :)
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete