Saturday, December 26, 2009

The Worst Gift EVER

I've gotten some interesting ones over the years and this year overall I did pretty well I have to say. My husband even bought me a brand new, totally ergonomic (with a zillion adjustments) desk chair! How cool was that? Hopefully, I can put it to good use in 2010! Someone else decided to give me a box of Godiva chocolates. How could they? Now, on the surface, it sounds sweet and thoughful, not to mention delicious. Right? It is - BUT this box has 105 chocolates and is 2 pounds, 11 ounces of sugar!! It took me awhile, but I finally figured out this box has over 7,000 calories! What were they thinking? It's not like I really obsess about my weight or what I eat, but 7,000! Here's my dilemma - should I eat them as fast as I can to just get rid of them or should I spread it out, savoring them slowly and try and minimize the impact to the hips? Of course, I didn't consider throwing them out or giving them away :). What's the worst gift you've ever received?

4 comments:

  1. Chocolate? I'd probably savour them. One or two a day. Yum. The worst gift? You know, I can't remember. Mine have all been pretty good. I used to feel for my mother-in-law though. She had 3 sons and for birthday/Christmas they used to give her practical stuff like garden hoses and brooms!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, I can't remember. I'm pretty easy when it comes to gifts. Godiva chocolate is delicious...I used to have a friend who worked there and slipped me the good stuff. ;)

    Oh, and I hope you like Full Disclosure when you get to it! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha. I never could turn down chocolate, much to my entire family's chagrin, and I'm not starting now. I don't know about you, but I have no control - as evidenced by post-baby body which has yet to revert back to pre-baby.

    Thanks for the tropical wishes, BTW. Trust me, if we could have convinced the family to travel just a bit further, we might have ended up in your neck of the woods. Unfortunately, we were in Orlando to experience "Disney Magic", and boy did we.

    Hope you had a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie - too late. I'm not a savor type. I'm an all or nothing type of gal!

    Cari - I just start Full Disclosure last night. Whew!

    Hetal - I've been gorging myself, but I've been lucky. Even after twins I managed to get my pre-baby body back (somewhat). We experience Disney Magic several times a year. Generally, I like to get home to relax!

    ReplyDelete