Friday, July 6, 2012

I Got Cover...

Book 1 in my new Fabric of Fate series now has a cover! I love the swirly atmospheric effects over it and of course, I love the hot pink :). HOW did they know LOL? I think the hero is channeling a young Ryan Reynolds perhaps :). This will be my first paranormal romance and it's the first book of a 5-book series. I've always loved paranormal, but was a little hesitant about jumping into this genre at first because of the world building. In my mind, it has to be rich and strong for it to work effectively and I wasn't sure I was really ready when I started writing. But of course the ideas and the characters just wouldn't leave me alone and at the end of the day, I had no choice in the matter. When I think about paranormal stories, vampires and shifters immediately come to mind. It was important for me to ensure my paranormal series had a unique paranormal element in it, so you'll find no blood suckers or weres in these books! It's something a little (but not too) different.
As I've been thinking about promotion, I came up with the following for the series tag line:

A secret ancient race of humans with fantastical abilities, the Vadïm are on the brink of extinction. Will fate alone determine their future or can they carve out their own destiny?

I think it encapsulates the entire series arc at a high level! Although the cover's not there yet, the book is up for pre-order on site such as Amazon, B&N and other book sites that sell ebooks. How exciting is that?  Now, I only have to wait another 52 days for its release. How should I pass the time do you think?

The Vadïm are coming!

2 comments:

  1. Love the cover, Kaily! It's gorgeous! Your tag line for the series is fabulous. My attempts at a tag lines are comical. lol You've got the magic touch, lady!

    Congrats on the new release. The series sounds like a decadent treat. Yummo! ((hugs!))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto what Sarah said :) I can't wait for the release!!!

    ReplyDelete