Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Stranded! Now what? Shelley Munro has some ideas...

Today I have the wonderfully prolific, the wonderfully talented and well, just wonderful, Shelley Munro visiting with me. Shelley has been incredibly supportive and I'm so excited to have her here. It's also exciting because she has a new book out! It's an historical romance called The Spurned Viscountess and you just might want to add it to your TBR pile. Unless you win a copy here, of course :).  Instead of a standard interview or a blog, we decided to do something different and fun. I posed a single question to Shelley. Well, technically it was more than that, but it's related:

If you were stranded but could only take one thing from each of the following categories, what would it be & why:

Person – I thought about this for a good ten minutes. I thought of all the sexy movie and pop stars and decided I’d keep my hubby. I’ve spent 28 years training him. He’s almost perfect and I know I can count on him. He’s also very resourceful and thinks outside the box, which I think would be very handy.

Animal - An alpaca. Their wool is lovely and soft and they’d be too cute for my hubby to eat. I’m a vegetarian so any animal is safe from me.

Food – My head is telling me to be sensible and take lots of fresh fruit but my heart is crying “chocolate”. I love chocolate. It’s one of my favorite food groups.

Book – I have so many favorite books, it’s impossible for me to choose just one. I think I’d take my current read with me, which is Moon Sworn by Kerry Arthur. The Riley Jensen series is one of my favorites and this is the very last book in the series. I’m reading slowly and savoring it.

Music – I’ve turned into a bit of a country music fan after our last visit to the US. We could only get country music on our rental car radio and after a month, it must have sunk into our brains. I went from someone who actively disliked country music to a real fan. (Note – we don’t have any country music stations in New Zealand. I usually listen to pop and rock)

Personal Item – That’s easy. I’d take writing materials so I could write my own stories and maybe send a message for help.

Shelley, awesome answers! I'd probably take my hubby as well and for the same reasons LOL. Of course, if I didn't say him, he'd probably get huffy.

Shelley is holding a CONTEST today. She's giving away a download of her new book The Spurned Viscountess to a lucky commenter on this post. Just answer this question - If you were stranded, what one book would you take with you and what one type of food would you take?

The Spurned Viscountess

BLURB 

She must marry him.


Cursed with the sight and rumors of witchcraft, Rosalind’s only chance at an ordinary life is marriage to Lucien, Viscount Hastings. She doesn’t expect love, only security and children of her own. Determined to go through with the wedding, she allows nothing she encounters at the gloomy Castle St. Clare to dissuade her.

He wants nothing to do with her.

Recently returned from the Continent, Lucien has no time for the English mouse his family has arranged for him to marry, not when he’s plotting to avenge the murder of his beloved Francesca. He has no intention of bedding Rosalind, not even to sire an heir.

Dark secrets will bind them.

Though spurned by her bridegroom, Rosalind turns to him for protection when she is plagued by a series of mysterious accidents and haunted by terrifying visions. Forced to keep Rosalind close, and tempted into passionate kisses, Lucien soon finds himself in grave danger of falling in love with his own wife…

The book is available from Carina Press! If you've never checked out Shelley's blog, you should. Find out more about Shelley from her website.

13 comments:

  1. Great post. Let's see. What book would I take. I'd probably cheat and take my ebook reader if I could. That way I could have a bunch of books to read. Although, my battery wouldn't last long enough for me to read them all. That's a really tough question. As for food, I'd take fresh fruit. I have at least three or four different kinds every day. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, Shelley and Kaily? ONE book?? Hmm... if I wasn't able to cheat like NJ, I'll pick the Bible--it's got a lot of different books in it ;) And one type of food? Oy... I do like NJ's answer--fruit is a fabulous kind of food! And way healthier than donuts, which are admittedly delicious... ;)

    Congrats on The Spurned Vicountess, Shelley!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd give myself a brain aneurysm trying to pick only one book so I will say I'd bring my Nook so I'd have lots of books to choose from :-) And definitely chocolate - it's its own food group!

    smaccall@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. At the moment, I'd take the collected works of Jane Austen and peanut butter cookies. I know it's not very heathy, but I'd enjoy them all the more for that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. NJ - I thought about taking my reader too, then I decided the batteries would run out. I'm with you on the fruit. I love fresh fruit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fedora - life wouldn't be the same without the odd donut. ;)

    I think we all need batteries that last forever and that would solve our problem.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sarah - I like chocolate. It definitely belongs in a food group of its own :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. J - I like peanut butter, but for some reason I'm not as fond of it in cookies. You can have my share, okay? Jane Austin is a GREAT choice. You can't go wrong with a classic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would "To Serve Man" count? No? Seems like the practical choice, but if not, then I'm going to have to say Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire.

    Christine<------ hoping someone else is Twilight Zone fan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ug! And I forgot my food! Okay, so I'll say eggs. Mainly, because they are way versatile, and plus all the protein-y goodness. And you can use them as weapons. And color them at Easter. So, there's that too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this interview format, Kaily. Way fun!

    Shelly, congrats on The Spurned Viscountess. Great blurb! BTW, I loved your alpaca answer :).

    I can't decide on my answers...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Christine - I had an egg with my dinner :) Great choice.

    Rula - I think alpacas are just the cutest things.

    ReplyDelete
  13. WINNER ANNOUNCEMENT:

    Congrats to Sarah! You're the winner of a copy of The Spurned Viscountess.

    Thanks to everyone else for visiting. :)

    ReplyDelete