Wednesday, March 16, 2011

WIP it Wednesday

This is my second edition of WIP it Wednesday and I thought it only fair. Last week I introduced Nash from PIN DOWN (tentative title) so now it's Alexis' turn :). She didn't start out fiesty and snarky. Really. She just developed that way, but I'm having a lot of fun with it. Nash doesn't really know what to do with her. Well, he does...but perhaps that's for another day :). ENJOY!

     “So, you got a name?” he asked.
     She lifted her chin ever so slightly. “Alexis. My friends call me Lexi. You? You can call me Alexis.”
     Ouch.
     He laughed. Again with the beat skipping thing. What was up with that?

8 comments:

  1. She's gonna be a great heroine. Looking forward to this one being published. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your whip!
    Your heroine sounds like a handful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kaily, you're going to make me break a rule here - never read romance/erotica where the lead character shares to name of one of my girls...LOL Other than that - can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Amber!

    Kaye, yeah she's a handful and so much fun to write.

    Oops, Dreama LOL. For most of the book she's referred to as 'Lexi'? It's how she thinks of herself. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That works since DH banned us from calling her Lexi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rula, sass she has. Suprised the heck out of me. I didn't intend for her to be like that, but when she ran into Nash and he gave her some attitude that's what came back.

    Great, Dreama. She doesn't much like "Alexis" anyways. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice! I love the hero's reaction too.

    ReplyDelete