Wednesday, March 23, 2011

WIP It Wednesday & New Blog Features!

That time again. Already!? It's good actually, because it means I have to make sure I have something interesting and 'worthy' to share :). Before I post the snippet though, I wanted to draw attention to my left side bar on the blog. I updated it to include a summary of all of my regular blog features. These have been going around and around in my head for awhile. I'd like to be sure the content of the blog has substance and remains interesting and hope this does that. I have another idea I'm going to kick around for a bit longer, but if anyone has any feedback or input, let me know! My regular features will be:

WIP it Wednesday
Each (or every other) Wednesday I'll share a snippet from my current WIP. Unedited, of course :), so don't shoot me!

Just Published
Monthly, I'll drill down with newly published authors about how they did it, what worked, what didn't, and get them to share their pearls of wisdom.

How I Write
New! Each month I'll do a post about writing-sometimes craft, sometimes promotion, hopefully useful!

Ask a Writer
New! Randomly, I'll do a post and invite you guys to ask me anything. Well, not anything, but anything to do with writing and publishing and being an author. It's pretty broad. Not sure how this will work because there are a lot of lurkers (yeah, you!), but I'd love to see your questions!

And now for the snippet. I just worked on this page before doing this blog entry. Enjoy!

     He kept looking at her, his gaze steady on hers.
     “Is this some kind of test, Lexi?”
     “Test?” she snorted. “We’re not—I mean, we’re—”
     Jeez, exactly what were they?
     She took a deep breath. “I don’t have any hold on you. I don’t expect any. You can do whatever you like.” She shrugged. “Go for it if you want.”
     “Yeah?” He glanced back toward the two women. They noticed his interest and motioned him over. Oh God. She should have kept her mouth shut. Why couldn't she ever keep her mouth shut?
     “Know what I want? Right now?”
     Her stomach knotted. He stepped to her and his voice lowered.
     “I want to...

5 comments:

  1. Loved the snippet and great schedule. Looking forward to visiting in the future.

    BTW, I'm hosting Roland D Yeomans today, who self-published his first book, THE BEAR WITH TWO SHADOWS and is sharing his journey with us as well as a four book giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the snippet! Makes me wanna start doing snippets on my blog LOL Great schedule ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so organized with this Kaily! I just do random stuff-- except for the guest blogs. It looks like your idea is very good! Love your topics.

    Great snippet too! I do them sometimes but-- here agian, randomly, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great snippet and lineup of regular blog features. You always have such great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Nas.

    Vivienne, go for it. Personally, I love to see snippets from writers, so I hope others do too.

    I TRY to be organized, Kaye. Doesn't always work out :).

    Thanks, Rula!!

    ReplyDelete