Thursday, November 18, 2010

Almost finished another one...

I'm polishing my latest WIP to turn into my editor. Actually, I've been doing that for ::cough:: quite some time. Really, I should have been done with it by now. Really. I know I'm a perfectionist when it comes to certain things--things that really matter. And my books and stories really matter. I like to tweak until I'm wringing just the right amount of emotion out at a particular point, until I'm satisfied I've represented the hero and heroines feelings well enough, until I have the thread of passion and tension just right. I know all that, but it's more than just trying to make the story as good as it can be. I have an idea about the 'feel' of a book when I start. It's hard to describe, but I'm aiming to create that certain 'tone' I have inside my head and it's quite different for each story. Sometimes it takes awhile to get that just right. I have a hard time letting go of my characters and their stories as well. I write heroes I could fall in love with and  heroines I can relate to, that I can cheer for. I do extensive character maps on them and they become three dimensional. I yearn to give them their happy ever after. I need to be able to turn in a story that can do justice to them, you know? Sometimes it's an effort to say "I'm done", leave their world and move onto the next story hammering away in my brain.  LOL Yeah probably sounds like I need therapy, right? Anyway, PLAY ME is almost done :). Gabe and Lily are an unlikely couple (on the surface), but oh so right for each other. I can't wait to share them with you!

7 comments:

  1. Good for you! Now I'm eager to read PLAY ME! BTW great post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your end results show that you care :). Can't wait for Play Me to release!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait! Can I start whimpering now? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds as if your writing is going well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, Kaily, just to say I LOVED Pay up! That was one sexy read! Now, can you get on and write something else? Stat. :-)

    ReplyDelete