WIP it Wednesday Each (or every other) Wednesday I'll share a snippet from my current WIP. Unedited, of course :), so don't shoot me!
Just Published Monthly, I'll drill down with newly published authors about how they did it, what worked, what didn't, and get them to share their pearls of wisdom.
How I Write New! Each month I'll do a post about writing-sometimes craft, sometimes promotion, hopefully useful!
Ask a Writer New! Randomly, I'll do a post and invite you guys to ask me anything. Well, not anything, but anything to do with writing and being an author. Not sure how this will work because there are a lot of lurkers (yeah, you!), but I'd love to see your questions!
Perfume I'm loving right now...
Writing Goals for June
1.Get those edits turned in! 2.Get those edits turned in! 3.Get those edits turned in!
Pony Up - follow-up to PAY UP (novella) - NEW!
Book 2, Vadim Series - Micah & Eve - NEW!
Book 3, Vadim Series - Christian & Remy - NEW!
Wet Abandon - Callan & Mia (full) - NEW (re-write old ms)!
Wet Delight - Beckett & Cameron (full ms) - NEW!
Pin Down - Nash & Lexi (Novella) - NEW!
I'm currently reading
One Wrong Move
Last 10 books I've Read
Lucky in Love by Jill Shalvis Just One Night by Chloe Cole Lover Reborn by JR Ward When You Dare by Lori Foster Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh Lover Unleashed by J R Ward Animal Magnetism by Jill Shalvis Shadow Fever by Karen Marie Moning Double Play by Joanne Rock The Heat is On by Jill Shalvis
Yay! OK, I have to admit, I'd never seen this before and had no idea what it was, so I had to look it up. It's been doing the rounds for awhile. I get to thank the person who bestowed it on me, reveal 7 interesting things about myself (that might be a stretch) and then pass it on to 7 other bloggers. So, here goes:
Thanks Cari Quinn! Cari is a fellow Sagittarian who seems to be writing the same type of material as me. Well, not exactly the same - she's published, after all! We stumbled across each other on the boards. Cari published her first novel last year and if you want hot and steamy (and I mean HOT and STEAMY), you can check it out here.
7 things about myself? I decided to list things that people would likely not know about me (even if they kinda 'knew' me):
1. I grew up in the Australian outback, or close enough to it for it not to really matter. Yeah, that makes me Australian!
2. Everyone complains all year about the weather in Miami, Florida but I LOVE it. There's something about the humid weather and palm trees that tricks the mind into thinking you're perpetually on vacation. Well, almost.
3. I'm the mother of identical twins. They're 4. It's fascinating, aggravating, joyous, aggravating, special and rewarding, and you guessed it, aggravating! I'd like to think I'll have enough material one day to come up with a unique twist on the twin story line.
4. I have a thing about frames. Picture frames. Just the frames. I really think it's an addiction. I just seem to collect them but never get around to actually putting anything in them or hanging them up, but I can never have too many!
5. I've never cooked a meal in my life. When we were renovating our kitchen, someone once asked me - 'Are you getting a gas or electric stove?' - and I'm like - 'I'll have to get back to you on that.' I've never been interested in cooking and don't see that changing anytime soon.
6. My first job out of university? I was a computer programmer. My, how far I've come :).
7. Last year I did something scandalous and daring. I hired a professional photographer to take pictures of me. What's daring about that you ask? The pictures were...well, naked!! I had them made into a coffee table book for my husband for his birthday. I look back at them and still wonder, where the hell did I get the nerve to do THAT? BTW, the book is nowhere near the coffee table!
I write about unconventional (contemporary) heroes; knights in not so shiny armor and heroines who wouldn't choose to ask for help in a million years (maybe they don't even know they need help). Yeah…I write romance. Leaning more to the hot & scorching. Contemporary for now but I see myself heading towards paranormal as well at some point. I never would have thought I would end up doing this, but now that I am, it just feels…right.