Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Still freaking out and oh yeah - Happy Thanksgiving!

I tried to think of something funny or witty, something thought provoking, something inspiring, but I'm completely tapped out! I've got nuthin! I'm crazily trying to get my Golden Heart entry done and all the water from this well has gone towards that!! I'm still freaking out because of course the unthinkable happened yesterday. An unexpected catastrophe with one of the kids which meant my whole day was wiped out! This day had been reserved for me to do a complete read through to make sure the big story hung together, for me to spend on the synopsis and really tighten it up, and for me to get a level of comfort that I'm really, really going to make it! So, as I sit here I can't help but think - what do I have to be thankful for? I'm thankful for an understanding husband who won't mind (much) that I'll be up late (very late) the next few nights. I'm thankful for great kids who'll just roll their eyes when they see me hunched over the computer because Mom has to 'work' again. I'm thankful, and oh so grateful, that I'm at a place were I'm able to pursue a dream I hadn't realized until recently I'd completely sacrificed when the practicalities of life had to be put first. So ... Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Hope the catastrophe is under control now and that you enjoy the holiday with yout family. We'll be happy dancing soon when you get that baby in the mail. ;)

    Happy Thanksgiving, Kaily!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving, Kaily. Hope you manage to get your entry off okay and the kid catastrophe wasn't too heinous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cari and Jackie. The kid catastrophe is under control and was minor in the scheme of these things. As to the other? It'll get done one way or another :)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving, Kaily.. a little late.

    I hope the catastrophe is resolved and good luck with the Golden Heart submission. Deep breath. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne, lots of free breathing today - it's off and on it's way!

    ReplyDelete