Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wanna Score Some Great Stuff?

Most of those in the writing community know about the Brenda Novak Auction for the Cure of Diabetes 2012! It's been going now for several years and it's purpose is to raise money towards diabetes research. It's such a wonderful cause and the items available are just fabulous. Seriously. Fabulous! There are items for readers and writers alike and everyone in between. The auction runs through the end of May with some items up for bid throughout the entire period, others come up for a specific day, so it pays to keep a close eye on it.

I have my own personal connection to diabetes. I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes during my last pregnancy (twins!) where prior I had no issues. Although I'm now fully recovered, I was able to experience for that peroid of time, in a small way, what it's like to be diabetic. And it aint fun, let me tell you. For a needle phobic? Having to test blood 4 times a day? Torture LOL. Just like a lot of people, there is diabetes in my family as well. It probably affects most people at some stage either directly or indirectly, right?

I'm fortunate now that I'm in a position to contribute myself to this wonderful auction. I have 3 items out there for bid:

I was one of a group of Carina Press authors who donated 2 Kindles to the auction. They're also loaded with a BUNCH of ebooks!
Amazon Kindle 3G
Amazon Kindle Fire/with Cover

I also donated my time for a first chapter/30 page critique!

AND I donated an awesome and amazing Steampunk 8GB USB drive! It also doubles as a pendant.

What are you waiting for? GO! Because it's such a wonderful cause, I'd appreciate it if you'd spread the word :).

2 comments:

  1. Your donations are awesome! It's definitely a great auction with a great cause. Last year was my first time bidding and I ended up with an invaluable editor critique. And I know your critiques are fantastic.

    Thanks for the reminder. I need to check it out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So VERY cool, Kaily! And I always lived in dread of getting gestational diabetes... I skirted kind of close (had to do the 3 hour tests a couple times) but thankfully didn't... Oy!

    ReplyDelete